Friday, October 19, 2007

My 5!

I like to think everyone has innate love of music. Having been raised in a musical family has been both a blessing and a curse. I find myself particularly judgemental of music I consider to be bad. But at the same time I have such a love of music that my favourites span genres and decades. Mock my choices all you want, but here are the 5 songs that always cheer me up, that I can listen to over and over and over again and never get sick of, the songs I don't hesitate to recommend to my friends.

1) Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now
I fell in love with Joni Mitchell much to late in life. I was 23 when I learned the genius that woman spun. Both Sides Now is plaintive, achingly beautiful and makes my heart sing!

2)
Damien Rice - Cannonball
Thank you Soraiya for the introduction. If you don't know the Irish artist, check him out.

3)
Serena Ryder - My Heart Cries for You
This new Canadian artist blows me away. Her talent is ageless, her artistry reminds me of Joni and she's only 23.

4)
Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
Cheesy I know but the song makes me soooo happy.

5) Teenage Fan Club - Your Love is The Place Where I Come From
I love TFC, they are quirky, fun and incredibly sweet. And for whatever reason their music reminds me of me.

No comments: