Monday, January 21, 2008

Indulgence

I have been really busy lately (work, coaching, volunteering, family responsibilities have kept me running at breakneck speeds) and this past weekend was the first weekend where I had absolutely no reponsibilities and believe me, I relished in that.

Friday night after I was done coaching gymnastics I rented four movies (yes I said, four - no, all four have not been watched! 2 though, have been). Friday after I coached I watched a movie with Richie - Saturday I spent most of the day in my pj's - I watched tv, almost finished reading Harry Potter, made a yummy dinner with Rich, and watched the second movie - Sunday I had brunch with my family, ran errands, went to the movies to see 27 Dresses with my cousin - and then my cousin and I tried out a new recipe - and three of us enjoyed dinner while watching The Amazing Race.

The weekend was fabulously indulgent and I loved every second of it. Honestly, I needed the release, I needed a weekend where I did nothing but enjoy myself. Rich and I ARE going away the first weekend in February for some much needed alone time. But this past weekend was all about simple indulgence...and boy was it nice.


No comments: