Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cheers 2008

While I agree New Years Resolutions are bit of poo-poo; fodder if you will for the junk pile of broken dreams, I still try to put together a list of yearly goals. I try to ensure that my goals are manageable and to be honest, simple (otherwise I abandon goals shortly after instating them).

To that end; my manageable and simple goals for 2008 are:

  1. Find a professional mentor (I recognize this is easier said than done but I imagine there are loads of leaders in the non-profit industry just aching for a young, energetic, dedicated protégée).
  2. Start saving for retirement (I am a year and a half behind my goal of starting an RRSP; I had planned to start one on my 25th birthday and that did not happen. I think I kept imagining that I needed an extra $500 to get started ; armed now with information I know that is not necessary so I will start one with whatever money I can throw together).
  3. Increase my charitable giving (My goal is to each month eliminate an unnecessary purchase and donate those dollars to a charity of choice - I'm thinking $30/mon is more than do-able).
So that's the list; short, simple - highly manageable me thinks. Wish me good-luck people!


No comments: