Friday, September 28, 2012

30 Pounds Ago

Being the product of wonderfully funny, feminist women - I made a decision - 30 pounds ago - to live a life unencumbered by weight and stereotypes. I made a decision to love myself the way I was, to wear that short skirt, that bikini proudly. 

And I did, and unreservedly, I say I rocked it. 

I have all always prided myself on being loud, confident, caring and articulate. No pre-conception of who I was supposed to be was going to hold me back. 

Nope - young man judging my fat ass, you don't get my time of day because I know I am beautiful and worthy of EVERYONE'S respect. Lovely older lady judging the length of my skirt, thinking to herself, that outfit is meant for someone slimmer. Once again, nope, not listening; cause I love me just the way I am. 

And then I saw that video and every ounce of love I had for myself vanished....(sad, but true).

Anyhow...point of today's blog post is to fill you in on the immediate next step.

I have a unique and quirky sense of style. I have curated a closet of items I love, that are form fitting, loud and very me. I have decided to document this journey through IPhone photos, the pictorial will be - me, in all my glory - wearing my favourite pieces. In posting and sharing these photos with you, I hope that I will start to see myself through a clearer lens, that I'll be able to make peace with me. 

...pic will be posted later today, maybe tomorrow morning....

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Babe,

It can be a tad startling when you notice your weight has snuck up on you. I was in a similar position in 2009. Had met the love of my life, was living what I considered to be a good life. I saw a picture of myself at the cottage and went; "woah". I had always struggled with asthma as well and I decided that it wasn't going to get easier as I got older. So I went to the doctor and switch my asthma drugs, and cheezy as it sounds; went to Chapters and bought a Men's Health magazine and committed myself to doing the workout.

It took me about 3 months but I got reached my goal, and I feel better than I ever have before.

You can do it.

Unknown said...

I have seen your power-lifting photos. You more than met your goal! You blew it away! Thanks for the kind words darling...