Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dealing with the Cobwebs

So I have spent the day trying to clear the cobwebs out my brain, cause yes, the new job still has me so busy that most days I am discombobulated upon returning home to the nest.

So I've made up my mind that this weekend is all about unwinding, relaxing and finding ways of permanently dealing with the discombobulation.

Right now, all the physical activity I'm enjoying is the running around the office I manage to do. And well, as fun as pitching it down to files in the basement to dig something up for the lawyer and then running it back upstairs because we're working on a 20 minute deadline is, it's not quite enough physicality to help me sort out my head at the end of the day.

But the problem is...I hate working out! I enjoy dancing but I'm no longer attending dance class cause it's just too late at night. I enjoy yoga but it doesn't really get your heart rate up. I generally enjoy a good aerobics class but I REALLY hate getting myself together to go the gym, you have to pack a bag, leave the house 20 minutes before the class at least, get to the gym, change, make friends in class, chat with people afterwards...and you know, all I really want is that workout!

So that got me thinking, there's got to be something I can do at home. So today I ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. So many people have commented about what a great workout it is. And you know what - being able to work out in my living room just might be the best thing for me.

If anyone has any advice, suggestions about what to check out, comments about how to find inspiration and keep me motivated - I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking for things that are going to kick my butt! Seriously! It's why I have set my sights on the 30 Day Shred as my first attempt in the workout dvd world.

I figure a good workout each day will help me clear my head. Right?!?

It's got to! I need me some order!

Wish me luck?!?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it!! Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

Do you have a Wii? MY friend is doing the 30 day ACTIVE program - personal trainer in a box, apparently.

Jenny said...

You know that I like good old running (I've never done an at home workout before) but having a workout buddy always keeps me going. Also, telling everyone what you're doing tends to keep the motivation up.

Unknown said...

I do have a Wii - but I can't get into my wii fit. I don't like working out on the board!

And Jenny - one of my goals is to get myself to a point where I can handle running, cause as you well know, I suck at it. With this shred I am hoping to get my cardiovascular system back into some sort of shape! Once I have accomplished that it's back to our old goal! Train for a 5 k!