Monday, March 10, 2008

Yoga

Yoga has always been "intriguing" to me. Being a naturally flexible individual who loves to nap, the combination of stretching and meditation appeals to my sensibilities.

Throughout university I dabbled in yoga - I would go to a class with a friend (and then decide it was too far of a walk from my home) - I would go to a class at the Physical Education Centre (and then decide I wasn't going back because the instructor annoyed me). Through this all I would repeat, "If I can find the right class I'll stay, If I can find the right class I'll stay."

And low and behold, almost five years later I have found the yoga class of my dreams. A class physical enough that I feel like I am accomplishing something, a class where I can tell my muscles will be sore the following day, a class where I can strive to become a stronger, more centred individual.

Thanks Devin for the invitation, class was great, I will definitely be coming back!

1 comment:

KEHutchinson said...

I had a marvelous yoga teacher who did classes at my last workplace. I was most upset at leaving her class when I had to leave the job, since she doesn't teach outside that place and a gym I don't belong to.

I'm glad you found a happy place to unwind!