Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cursing 18 Year Old Wisdom!

My jaw has been hurting for a couple of months now. I wrote it off thinking I was just overly stressed and grinding my teeth at night.

I am sad to report, this morning I have come to realize that's not it at all....I'm not wearing away enamel (well maybe I'm doing that too, who really knows seeing I did not go to the dentist when I realized my jaw was sore).

Today my mouth is AGONY I have never experienced, the whole left side of my face is throbbing. I have a wisdom tooth coming in. A wisdom tooth in all my "wisdom" I refused to have removed when I was 18.

(In my defense, at the time I was told they were all impacted sideways and would that I would have to have jaw broken and the teeth removed at the hospital for it to be done safely - therefore making recovery unnecessarily long and painful).

So I said screw it, I'll deal with it when the teeth actually give me a problem...

Well I have a problem....

I am tempted to grind up tylenol and rub it on my gums! (And I seriously don't want to call the dentist)!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

...GO TO THE DENTIST!!!!!!

You'll look like a crack whore rubbing white powder on your gums!!

BloodRedRoses said...

eeeesh!

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Really doesn't sound like a fun time...

KEHutchinson said...

This is one of those moments where I thank my lucky stars that I don't have wisdom teeth.

But do get them checked, if they tear up your jaw/gums and then you get an infection, you can end up with worse pain than tooth removal.

Caz said...

I love the name of your blog. It's so cute!

Wisdom teeth suck. After I(my Mom)spent bajillions of dollars on orthodontic work, I had my wisdom teeth out at around 17. Mine hadn't grown through yet though, so they just cut a tiny slit in my gums, shattered the teeth and extracted them in tiny pieces, thus avoiding huge gaping holes in my mouth. Maybe they can do that for you?

Plus the laughing gas is pretty fun. Although I'm not sure it's worth the surgery in the first place.

I was lucky though and only had 2 wisdom teeth on my left side (none on my right)