Monday, February 25, 2008

My Version of the Warm-Fuzzies

These words really resonated with me today...

"I feel warm and loving toward myself, for I am a unique and precious being, ever doing the best my awareness permits, ever growing in wisdom and love."

I came across a sampling of affirmations at one of the productivity blogs I read regularly, and while reading I was filled with a strange-quasi-warmness in my chest. And I started to think about how important positive self affirmation has been in my growth as an adult.

Silly as it may be to some, I truly believe that self-esteem can be built, nutured, grown over the years. I reaffirm my own self-worth everyday, and the words I choose to use are quite similar to statement shared. I wish I could show people how important affirming my worth to myself has been over the course of my adulthood. I guess the real testament is from those individuals who've shared this crazy journey with me, have watched me grow from the 18 year old girl floundering to find her way, to figure out her voice, to understand her worth to the 26 year old woman, who for all intensive purposes, has her head on pretty-straight, knows who she is, knows what she wants and knows who to love....

1 comment:

KEHutchinson said...

Self-evaluation is an important tool in life, and I'm so happy that you are able to determine who you are and that you are happy with yourself as you are.

When I was younger, every year on my birthday I would skim back through my old journals to try and find tangible change in who I was. I don't journal consistently enough to do that anymore, but I do try to take time to reflect now and then on just how far I've come.

It's a wonderful feeling to look at yourself and see someone you are truly proud of.